Minister Fast Appoints New President and CEO of Canadian Commercial Corporation
April 22, 2014 - Ottawa, Ontario - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, today announced the appointment of Martin Zablocki as the new president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC). Mr. Zablocki was selected after an open public competition. The appointment is for five years.
Mr. Zablocki, of Ottawa, Ontario, joined CCC in November 2007 as vice-president of strategy and organizational development, and was appointed executive vice-president and chief operating officer in April 2012. Prior to joining CCC, he was director general of Industry Canada’s Sector Strategies and Infrastructure Programs Branch. Mr. Zablocki has also worked for Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the Canada Revenue Agency.
Mr. Zablocki replaces Marc Whittingham, who has served as president and CEO since 2008.
- Established in 1946, CCC assists Canadian exporters in accessing international markets with government-to-government contract solutions, primarily in the defence, security and infrastructure sectors.
- In 2012-13, the Canadian Commercial Corporation was active in 72 countries and with more than 210 Canadian companies, signing contracts worth approximately $1 billion.
- CCC is a Crown corporation, reporting to Parliament through the Minister of International Trade.
“I am pleased that Martin Zablocki has agreed to serve as president and CEO of the Canadian Commercial Corporation. His long experience with CCC will enable him to serve the interests of the Canadian business community.
“As our government continues to open markets and create jobs under Canada’s Global Market Action Plan, CCC supports Canadian companies to help them compete and succeed around the world.
“I would also like to thank Marc Whittingham, the outgoing president and CEO, for his hard work upon his retirement after 42 years with the public service.”- Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Minister Fast Announces Two New Appointments to Canadian Commercial Corporation’s Board of Directors, January 20, 2014
- Minister Fast Announces New Appointments to Canadian Commercial Corporation Board of Directors, February 20, 2013
- Minister Fast Announces New Appointments to Canadian Commercial Corporation’s Board of Directors, December 18, 2012
Office of the Honourable Ed Fast
Minister of International Trade
- Date Modified: