Minister Fast Appoints New Member of the Board of Directors of Canadian Commercial Corporation
June 20, 2014 - Ottawa, Ontario - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, today announced the appointment of Claude Robillard to the Board of Directors of the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC). The appointment is for three years.
Mr. Robillard, of Toronto, is currently managing director of investor relations with West Face Capital. Prior to joining West Face, he was an executive director with the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
Mr. Robillard replaces Sherry Helwer, of Brandon, Manitoba, on the board.
- Working with other government partners and under Canada’s Global Markets Action Plan, CCC assists Canadian exporters in accessing international markets with government-to-government contract solutions, primarily in the defence, security and infrastructure sectors.
- In 2012-13, CCC was active in 72 countries and with more than 210 Canadian companies, signing contracts worth approximately $1 billion.
- Established in 1946, CCC is a Crown corporation, reporting to Parliament through the Minister of International Trade.
“I am pleased that Claude Robillard has joined the board. He will bring his extensive experience in capital markets to the Board of Directors. His contribution will ensure that the board’s advice to management at the Canadian Commercial Corporation remains of the highest calibre.
“I would also like to thank outgoing board member Sherry Helwer for her hard work and contribution to the success of CCC.”
- Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Minister Fast Appoints New President and CEO of Canadian Commercial Corporation, April 22, 2014
- Minister Fast Announces Two New Appointments to Canadian Commercial Corporation’s Board of Directors, January 20, 2014
Office of the Honourable Ed Fast
Minister of International Trade
- Date Modified: