- 2013-01-26 - Minister Ablonczy Completes Successful Asia Visit
- 2013-01-18 - Minister Ablonczy to Reinforce Consular Cooperation in Asia
Minister Ablonczy Meets with Jullapong Nonsrichai, Thailand’s Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs
January 23, 2013 - Bangkok - The Honourable Diane Ablonczy, Minister of State of Foreign Affairs (Americas and Consular Affairs), meets with Jullapong Nonsrichai, Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs of Thailand, to discuss how Canada and Thailand can further their collaboration on consular matters.
In 2011, Canada and Thailand marked 50 years of diplomatic relations and bilateral relations have continued to steadily expand. Canada and Thailand cooperate within many regional and multilateral institutions, such as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation and the World Trade Organization. Thai and Canadian authorities are also closely collaborating to combat illegal migration and migrant smuggling.
Canada and Thailand enjoy a strong relationship that continues to deepen, particularly through growing trade and investment. Bilateral merchandise trade reached $3.5 billion in 2011, up almost 15 percent over 2010. Thailand was Canada’s largest bilateral merchandise trading partner within ASEAN in 2011.
- 2013-01-26 - Minister Ablonczy Pays Her Respects to the Fallen at Sai Wan War Cemetery
- 2013-01-26 - Minister Ablonczy Celebrates Canada’s Simplified Passport Renewal Initiative
- 2013-01-25 - Minister Ablonczy Meets with Secretary for Security, Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 2013-01-23 - Minister Ablonczy Visits Khaosan Road
- 2013-01-23 - Minister Ablonczy Meets with Jullapong Nonsrichai, Thailand’s Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Date Modified: