- 2013-01-26 - Minister Ablonczy Completes Successful Asia Visit
- 2013-01-18 - Minister Ablonczy to Reinforce Consular Cooperation in Asia
Minister Ablonczy Pays Her Respects to the Fallen at Sai Wan War Cemetery
January 26, 2013 - Hong Kong - The Honourable Diane Ablonczy, Minister of State of Foreign Affairs (Americas and Consular Affairs), visits the Sai Wan War Cemetery to lay a wreath and pay her respects to the fallen Canadian Forces personnel who fought in Hong Kong during the Second World War.
The Sai Wan War Cemetery honours the soldiers who fell in the defence of Hong Kong in December 1941. A total of 1,975 Canadian soldiers from the Royal Rifles of Canada and Winnipeg Grenadiers fought in this battle. The cemetery is the resting place of 283 soldiers of the Canadian Army, including 107 who were unidentified.
- 2013-01-26 - Minister Ablonczy Pays Her Respects to the Fallen at Sai Wan War Cemetery
- 2013-01-26 - Minister Ablonczy Celebrates Canada’s Simplified Passport Renewal Initiative
- 2013-01-25 - Minister Ablonczy Meets with Secretary for Security, Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 2013-01-23 - Minister Ablonczy Visits Khaosan Road
- 2013-01-23 - Minister Ablonczy Meets with Jullapong Nonsrichai, Thailand’s Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Date Modified: