Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Reminder - International Trade Minister Van Loan to Make Important Announcement on Canada-U.S. Border Vision
(No. A/18 - March 11, 2011) The Honourable Peter Van Loan, Minister of International Trade, will be joined by the Honourable Rob Nicholson, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada and Member of Parliament for Niagara Falls, and Rick Dykstra, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and Member of Parliament for St. Catharines, at the Canada-United States border in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Minister Van Loan will make an announcement regarding the Shared Vision for Perimeter Security and Economic Competitiveness. The Minister will make this announcement on behalf of the Honourable Lawrence Cannon, Minister of Foreign Affairs, on Sunday, March 13, 2011.
Event: Announcement and media availability
Date: Sunday, March 13, 2011
Time: 11:30 a.m. EDT
Location: Rainbow Bridge, 5600 Falls Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Directions to Rainbow Bridge from both Fort Erie, Ontario and Toronto:
- Take Highway 420/Falls exit from the QEW.
- Follow Highway 420, which will turn into Falls Avenue (2.5 kilometres from the QEW).
- Continue on Falls Avenue to the traffic lights at Clifton Hill.
- Turn left on Clifton Hill and left onto River Road.
- Parking entrance is between the bridge and the Bird Kingdom aviary.
- Access to Rainbow Bridge Scenic Promenade is through doors at the entrance to the parking lot.
For more information, please contact:
Office of the Honourable Peter Van Loan
Minister of International Trade
Trade Media Relations Office
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date Modified: