This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
April 13, 2009 (8:50 a.m. EDT)
Construction Contracts Signed During Minister Day’s Trade Mission to China
The Honourable Stockwell Day, Minister of International Trade and Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway, announced that seven construction contracts between Canadian and Chinese companies were signed today in Beijing.
“Canada and China enjoy a growing commercial relationship, and construction is one sector where we see particularly strong opportunities,” said Minister Day. “Canadian expertise in construction-sector goods and services is recognized around the world. Our companies have a stellar record of constructing high-quality buildings with minimal environmental impact, and this trade mission will help create even more opportunities for Canadian business. I was pleased to be a part of these ceremonies to celebrate our successes.”
Details of the contracts signed today follow:
- GenesisTP, a division of Genesis Worldwide Inc. of Mississauga, Ontario, will provide its green building products and technologies to China Perfect Machinery Industry Corp., Ltd. for all its six-storey-or-less building projects.
- China National Materials Industry Import and Export Corp. will become the Hebei province distributor for the soft foam insulation and air barrier system manufactured by Icynene Inc. of Mississauga.
- Y+S International Design Ltd., of Markham, Ontario, will provide its ecological, integrated design services to Beijing Haigang Real Estate Development Co., Ltd.
- Soprema, of Drummondville, Quebec, will supply its waterproof membrane building material to Beijing Engrand Technology and Development Co. Ltd.
- MHKW Architects Inc., of Toronto, Ontario, will design a mixed hospitality and residential development in Tianjin for the Tianjin Supply and Marketing Co.
- MHKW Architects will also design the Guangzhou Tian Ze Sheng Royal Hotel.
- ACICC Trading International Co., of Surrey, British Columbia, will supply western red cedar, hemlock and SPF (spruce-pine-fir) lumber to the Longfor Group; Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation helped facilitate the contract.
“I am pleased that this trade mission is leading to concrete results that will inject millions of dollars into our economies and help create new jobs in Canada and China,” said Minister Day.
Minister Day is in China as part of an April 8 to 17 visit to China and Japan to open doors for Canadian businesses and strengthen trade and investment ties.
For further information, consult the following website:Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada - International Trade: Minister Day visits Japan and China
- 30 -
For further information, and high-resolution pictures of Minister Day’s visit to China and Japan, media representatives may contact:
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of International Trade and Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway
Trade Media Relations Office
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date Modified: