Minister Baird Travels to Southeast Asia
July 7-22, 2012 - Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird travels to China and Southeast Asia from July 7 to 22, 2012, to take part in a wide range of meetings with government officials and businesses.
Minister Baird will begin his trip in Hong Kong, where he will meet with government officials and business leaders. On July 11 and 12, Minister Baird will be in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, to attend the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Regional Forum and to co-chair the Canada-ASEAN ministerial meeting. At these meetings, he and his counterparts will discuss prominent global and regional issues, including the situation on the Korean Peninsula, maritime security, economic prosperity, and the promotion of freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law around the world. Participation in this important forum demonstrates Canada’s active engagement in the Asia-Pacific region and the government’s focus on economic growth and long-term prosperity for Canadians.
Minister Baird’s Asian tour will also include stops in Brunei Darussalam, the Philippines and Shanghai, with the aim of enhancing relations and advancing Canadian interests and Canadian values.
- 2012-07-12 - Photo Release: Baird Speaks At ASEAN-Canada Ministerial Meeting
- 2012-07-11 - Speech: Address by Minister Baird to ASEAN-Canada Ministerial Meeting
- 2012-07-10 - Photo Release: Baird Pays Respects to Fallen Canadian Soldiers Who Fought in Battle of Hong Kong
- 2012-07-09 - Photo Release: Baird Meets with New Chief Executive of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 2012-07-06 - Baird to Make Fourth Asia Visit
- Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao
- Embassy of Canada to Thailand
- High Commission of Canada to Brunei Darussalam
- Embassy of Canada in the Philippines
- Canada in China
- Date Modified: