- 2014-08-09 - Canada Strengthens Ties with ASEAN: A Foreign Policy Priority
- 2014-08-08 - Baird Opens New Canadian Chancery in Burma
- 2014-08-05 - Canada and Indonesia Agree on Next Steps in Strengthening Relationship
- 2014-08-05 - The 4th Indonesia-Canada Bilateral Consultative Forum
- 2014-08-04 - Baird Announces New Canadian Mission to ASEAN
- 2014-08-04 - Baird Discusses Regional Stability and Cooperation in Singapore
- 2014-07-30 - Baird Continues Asia Tour, Attends ASEAN Meetings
- 2014-07-28 - Baird Promotes Economic and Security Cooperation with Japan
- 2014-07-24 - Joint Statement by Foreign Affairs Ministers of Canada and Mongolia
- 2014-07-22 - Baird to Travel to East Asia to Talk Security and Prosperity
Baird to Travel to East Asia to Talk Security and Prosperity
Minister Baird announced that he will visit Mongolia, Japan and China from July 23 to July 30, 2014. During his trip, Baird will meet with various government and industry leaders to reinforce the importance of Canada and Canadian businesses as partners and investors.
In his first trip to Mongolia, Baird will discuss the role of the Canadian government and of Canadian businesses in contributing to the democratic development of the country, including public service reform and mining governance.
In Japan, the third-largest economy in the world, he will meet with his counterpart to discuss issues of mutual interest and strengthen bilateral cooperation, including on security. He will also meet with key stakeholders to advance mutual economic interests.
In China, Baird will continue to promote Canada as an important economic partner as we expand our ever-growing commercial relations.
This marks Baird’s ninth trip to Asia as foreign minister, where he continues to bolster strong ties and enduring friendships with partners in the region.
- Date Modified: