Minister of Foreign Affairs Baird Attends the 44th ASEAN Ministerial Conference
July 13, 2011
John Baird, Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister, travels to Bali, Indonesia from July 21 to 24, to attend the 44th ASEAN Ministerial Conference as well as the 18th ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF).
Canada’s interest in peace and security in the Asia-Pacific region has grown with our increasing trade and people-to-people links in the area. At last year’s Conference in Hanoi, Canada demonstrated its commitment to the stability and the prosperity of the region by signing the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in South East Asia. This year, we intend to build on our cooperation with this dynamic region, particularly as we look to celebrate 35 years of Canada-ASEAN relations in 2012.
- 2011-07-23 | Minister Baird Advances Ties with Pacific Partners at ASEAN Meetings
- 2011-07-23 | Minister Baird Expands Dialogue with Commonwealth Partners Australia and New Zealand
- 2011-07-13 | Minister Baird to Visit China and Indonesia
- Canadian Embassy in Indonesia
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Date Modified: