Minister Baird Visits the Middle East
Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird will travel to Lebanon and Jordan from August 10 to 13, 2012.
In Beirut, Baird will meet with Prime Minister Najib Mikati to discuss security in Lebanon and Syria, as well as in the region more broadly.
While in Amman, Baird will meet with Minister of Foreign Affairs Nasser Judeh and with King Abdullah II of Jordan. Baird will seek Jordan’s perspective on the situation in Syria and the broader Middle East, and discuss Canada-Jordan bilateral relations.
- 2012-08-09 - Baird to Visit Middle East, Bolster Relations
- 2012-08-10 - Canada Supports Lebanon’s Efforts to Deal with Effects of Syrian Crisis
- 2012-08-11 - Canada Helps War-Weary Syrians
- 2012-08-10 - Baird Meets Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati
- 2012-08-10 - Baird Meets Lebanese Opposition Leader
- 2012-08-11 - Baird Visits Jordanian Refugee Camp on Syrian Border
- 2012-08-11 - Baird Meets Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh
- 2012-08-12 - Baird Meets Jordan’s King Abdullah
- Embassy of Canada to Lebanon
- Embassy of Canada to Jordan and Iraq
- Date Modified: