Minister Baird Visits the Middle East
Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird travels to Israel and the West Bank to engage in a series of high-level meetings on the Middle East peace process, regional security and economic cooperation.
In Israel, the minister will meet with President Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Baird will then meet with Deputy Prime Minister Dan Meridor, Minister of Foreign Affairs Avigdor Lieberman and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak.
While in the West Bank, the minister will meet with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Salam Fayyad. Baird will also meet with Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki.
- 2012-01-27 | Ministers Baird and Flaherty to Visit Middle East
- 2012-01-29 | Minister Baird Meets with Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- 2012-01-30 | Minister Baird Lays Wreath Honouring Holocaust Victims
- 2012-01-30 | Minister Baird Meets with Israel’s President Shimon Peres
- 2012-01-30 | Minister Baird Addresses the Herzliya Conference
- Date Modified: