Business hours of the Accreditation Unit of the Office of Protocol
- Phone hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Thursday;
- Office of Protocol Reception hours: 9 a.m. to noon; and from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday;
- The unit does not field and return telephone calls on Fridays.
Normal processing times
- Accreditation (Initial Arrival and Extension): 10–20 working days
- Driver’s Licences and Licence Plates (Ontario): 10–15 working days
- Please send to email address: XDC-Accreditation@international.gc.ca;
- Provide justification (note or letter);
- Justification must be authorized and signed by the Head of Mission or the Chargés d'affaires, a.i. or in case of international organizations and other special representative offices, by the Head of the organization or relevant authority.
Urgent accreditation requests
For urgent accreditation requests, please provide the following:
- Exact date of departure;
- Proof of departure;
- Detailed itinerary for each person; and
- Written justification which must state a valid reason as follows:
- Professionally-related travel;
- Family emergency; or
- Essential official engagement.
- Note that a personal holiday is not an acceptable justification.
- In the case of extension or renewal accreditation requests, please submit within four (4) weeks of the expiration date.
- If the requirements above are not met, the request will be subject to normal processing times.
Magdaléna Molaire Calixte, Manager, Accreditation and Registrar
- Date Modified: