Certificates, Permits and Delisting Requests

Canadian regulations imposing sanctions generally include mechanisms for issuing certificates and permits to authorize specified activities or transactions that are otherwise prohibited and for other purposes. Sanctions imposed under the Special Economic Measures Act also include provisions for listed persons to apply for delisting. The requirements for such certificates and permits are set out in the terms of the regulations or the related permit authorization orders.

To submit an application, or for more about information about this process and other certificate provisions under the regulations, please contact:

Foreign Affairs, Trade & Development Canada
Economic Law Section (JLHB)
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada K1A 0G2
Fax: 613-992-2467
E-mail: sanctions@international.gc.ca

To obtain a permit pursuant to the Export and Import Permits Act related to the Export Control List, the Import Control List, or the Area Control List, please refer to the web site of the Trade Controls & Technical Barriers Bureau. For export permits, you may contact:

Export Controls Division (TIE)
Tel: 613-996-2387
Fax: 613-996-9933
Email: tie.reception@international.gc.ca

Disclosure and Reporting Requirements

There are various disclosure and reporting requirements pursuant to regulations made under the United Nations Act and the Special Economic Measures Act, specifically in relation to provisions that freeze the financial assets of targeted individuals and entities. The obligations of persons in Canada (individuals and entities), and Canadians abroad, under these provisions are set out in the terms of the regulations.