Whereas the Governor in Council is of the opinion that the actions of the Russian Federation constitute a grave breach of international peace and security that has resulted or is likely to result in a serious international crisis;
Therefore, His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, pursuant to subsections 4(1) to (3) of the Special Economic Measures Acta, makes the annexed Regulations Amending the Special Economic Measures (Russia) Regulations.
- S.C. 1992, c. 17
REGULATIONS AMENDING THE SPECIAL ECONOMIC MEASURES (RUSSIA) REGULATIONS
1. Paragraph 2(a) of the Special Economic Measures (Russia) Regulations1 is replaced by the following:
(a) a person engaged in activities that directly or indirectly facilitate, support, provide funding for or contribute to a violation or attempted violation of the sovereignty or territorial integrity of Ukraine;
2. Part 1 of the schedule to the Regulations is amended by adding the following after item 32:
33. Vyaecheslav VOLODIN
34. Dmitry KOZAK
35. Aleksey PUSHKOV
36. Alexander Mikhailovich BABAKOV
37. Oleg Evgenyevich BELAVENTSEV
38. Evgeniy Alexsevevich MOROV
39. Vladimir Volfovich ZHIRINOVSKY
40. Arkady ROTENBERG
41. Boris ROTENBERG
3. Part 2 of the schedule to the Regulations is amended by adding the following after item 1:
APPLICATION PRIOR TO PUBLICATION
Statutory Instruments Act
4. For the purpose of paragraph 11(2)(a) of the Statutory Instruments Act, these Regulations apply before they are published in the Canada Gazette.
COMING INTO FORCE
5. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
- Date Modified: