Regulations Amending the Special Economic Measures (Syria) Regulations
Whereas the Governor in Council is of the opinion that the situation in Syria constitutes a grave breach of international peace and security that has resulted or is likely to result in a serious international crisis;
Therefore, His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, pursuant to subsections 4(1) to (3) of the Special Economic Measures Acta, makes the annexed Regulations Amending the Special Economic Measures (Syria) Regulations.
a S.C. 1992, c. 17
1. Item 43 of Part 1 of Schedule 1 to the Special Economic Measures (Syria) Regulations1 is repealed.
2. Part 1 of Schedule 1 to the Regulations is amended by adding the following after item 49:
51. Expert Partners
52. Syria’s Army Supply Bureau
3. Items 131 and 132 of Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the Regulations are repealed.
4. Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the Regulations is amended by adding the following after item 180:
181. Dr. Adnan Abdo Al Sikhny
182. Najm Hamad Al Ahmad
183. Dr. Abdul Salam Al Nayef
184. Mohammad Turki Al Sayed
185. Najm-eddin Khreit
186. Abdullah Khaleel Hussein
187. Jamal Sha’ban Shaheen
188. Suleiman Maarouf
189. Raza Othman
190. Amr Armanazi
APPLICATION BEFORE PUBLICATION
5. For the purpose of paragraph 11(2)(a) of the Statutory Instruments Act, these Regulations apply before they are published in the Canada Gazette.
COMING INTO FORCE
6. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
- Date Modified: