Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement
In force since November 2002.
The Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement (CCRFTA) is a first-generation agreement that focuses mainly on trade in goods and does not include substantive provisions in areas such as cross-border trade in services, financial services, investment and government procurement. Efforts to modernize and broaden the CCRFTA are ongoing.
For more information, please see background information on the Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement.
- Text of the Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement
- Text of the Canada-Costa Rica Agreement on Environmental Cooperation
- Text of the Canada-Costa Rica Agreement on Labour Cooperation
- Schedule of Canada
- Programa de Desgravación de Costa Rica(Schedule of Costa Rica, Spanish only)
- Costa Rica Fact Sheet
- The Canadian Embassy in Costa Rica
- The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (Costa Rican Market Information)
- Costa Rican Ministry of Foreign Trade (COMEX) Website
- Notice of Intent to Conduct an Environmental Assessment of the Modernization of the Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement
If you have questions or comments about this free trade agreement or the environmental and labour cooperation agreements, we would like to hear from you. Please contact the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development at the following address:
Trade Policy and Negotiations Division I (TPE)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Lester B. Pearson Building
125 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON K1A 0G2
- Date Modified: