Canada - European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
In force since July 2009.
The free trade agreement (FTA) between Canada and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland is a goods-only agreement with an emphasis on tariff elimination. It establishes a commitment to review the Agreement with a view to considering the scope for possible expansion of the FTA into areas such as services, investment, and intellectual property at a later date.
For more information, please see: additional background information on the Canada-European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement.
Switzerland & Liechtenstein
- Fact Sheet - Switzerland
- Fact Sheet - Liechtenstein
- Embassy of Canada to Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Switzerland
- Export Development Canada – Switzerland Profile
- Fact Sheet - Iceland
- Embassy of Canada to Iceland
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Iceland
- Export Development Canada – Iceland Profile
- Fact Sheet - Norway
- Embassy of Canada to Norway
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Norway
- Export Development Canada – Norway Profile
If you have questions or comments about this free trade agreement we would like to hear from you. Please contact Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada at:
Trade Policy and Negotiations Division I (TPE)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Lester B. Pearson Building
125 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON K1A 0G2
- Date Modified: