Canada-Nigeria Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (FIPA) Negotiations
Canada and Nigeria held a first round of Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (FIPA) negotiations from April 16-19, 2013 in Abuja, Nigeria. Negotiators were successful in concluding negotiations during this initial meeting.
A bilateral FIPA will provide greater predictability and certainty for Canadian investors considering investment opportunities in Nigeria. Canada’s objective in entering these negotiations is to secure a comprehensive, high-quality agreement which will protect investors through the establishment of a framework of legally binding rights and obligations.
- Nigeria Fact Sheet
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Nigeria
- High Commission of of Canada in Nigeria
- Export and Development Canada - Country Info: Nigeria
- News release: PM announces investment treaty with Nigeria
- News release: Minister Fast Marks Conclusion of Investment Treaty with Nigeria
If you have questions or comments, please contact Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada at:
Investment Trade Policy Division (TNI)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Lester B. Pearson Building
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0G2
- Date Modified: