Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement
Came into force April 1, 2013.
The Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement and parallel agreements on labour cooperation and the environment cover market access for goods, cross-border trade in services, telecommunications, investment, financial services and government procurement. The investment chapter replaces to existing Foreign Investment Protection and Promotion Agreement (FIPA), further locking in and expanding access for Canadian investors and their investments.
For more information, please see: additional background information on the Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement.
- Text of the Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement
- Text of the Canada-Panama Agreement on Environmental Cooperation
- Text of the Canada-Panama Agreement on Labour Cooperation
- Canada-Panama Foreign Investment Protection and Promotion Agreement (FIPA)
- ARCHIVED - Economic Analysis: Prospective Free Trade Agreement Between Canada and Panama
- Initial Environmental Assessment of the Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Negotiations
- Final Environmental Assessment of the Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Negotiations
- Panama Fact Sheet
- Embassy of Canada to Panama
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Panama
- Global Market Action Plan
If you have questions or comments about this free trade agreement or the environmental and labour cooperation agreements, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Global Affairs Canada at the following address:
Trade Negotiations I Division (TPE)
Global Affairs Canada
Lester B. Pearson Building
125 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON K1A 0G2
- Date Modified: