Trans-Pacific Partnerhsip (TPP) Free Trade Negotiations
Did You Know?
- Twelve countries are currently participating in the TPP negotiations: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, the United States and Vietnam.
- Eighty-one percent of Canada’s total exports is with TPP members.
- TPP countries include some of the fastest growing economies in the world. Many of the TPP members are small but wealthy economies. The average per capita GDP in TPP countries is nearly $35,000.
- Growth rates in TPP emerging markets are predicted to remain relatively high over the next several years.
- The TPP membership represents a market of over 792 million people and a combined GDP of $28.1 trillion — more than 38 percent of the world’s economy.
- In 2013, the stock of Canadian direct investment in the TPP countries totalled close to $353 billion.
- In 2013, foreign direct investment into Canada from TPP countries totalled more than $350 billion.
- Date Modified: