Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
NAFTA - Chapter 11 - Investment
Cases Filed Against the Government of Canada
Centurion Health Corporation v. Government of Canada
Melvin Howard, on behalf of The Centurion Health Corporation and the Howard Family Trust, has served Canada with a "Notice of Intent" on July 16th, 2008. Melvin Howard alleges that a proposed project, the Regent Hills Health Care Centre was treated in a manner that contravened Canada's NAFTA Chapter 11 obligations. Melvin Howard is a U.S. citizen.
Legal Documents (all documents are in pdf)
Copies of all legal documents posted have been prepared in a language of operation of the Tribunal or Court in question. The Government of Canada has not modified or changed them in any way. As such they have not been translated from the original. They are provided in Acrobat (pdf) files. To view or download pdf files you need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ a free software that you can download from the web.
- ARCHIVED - Notice of Intent (PDF Document - 3.13 MB) - July 11, 2008
- ARCHIVED - Notice of Arbitration (PDF Document - 3.42 MB) - January 5, 2009
- ARCHIVED - Revised Statement of Claim (PDF Document - 72 KB) - February 2, 2009
- ARCHIVED - Government of Canada's Motion on Termination and Costs (PDF Document - 134 KB) - April 29, 2010
- ARCHIVED - Claimants' Response to the Government of Canada's Motion to Terminate (PDF Document - 26 KB) - May 18, 2010
- ARCHIVED - Order and Award of the Arbitral Tribunal (PDF Document - 143 KB) - August 2, 2010
- ARCHIVED - Correction of Order for the Termination of Proceedings and Award on Costs (PDF Document - 220 KB) - August 9, 2010
- Date Modified: