NAFTA - Chapter 11 - Investment
Cases Filed Against the Government of Canada
Eli Lilly and Company v. Government of Canada
On June 13, 2013, Eli Lily and Company, a US-based corporation, served the Government of Canada with a second Notice of Intent to Submit a Claim to Arbitration under NAFTA Chapter 11. Eli Lilly and Company is alleging that the invalidation of its Strattera and Zyprexa pharmaceutical patents by Canada is inconsistent with Canada’s commitments under NAFTA.
Legal Documents (all documents are in pdf)
Copies of all legal documents posted have been prepared in a language of operation of the Tribunal or Court in question. The Government of Canada has not modified or changed them in any way. As such they have not been translated from the original. They are provided in Acrobat (pdf) files. To view or download pdf files you need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ a free software that you can download from the web.
- Notice of Intent - Withdrawn by Claimant and replaced by the June 13, 2013 Notice of Intent (PDF Document - 4.39 MB) - November 7, 2012
- Second Notice of Intent (PDF Document - 6.87 MB) - June 13, 2013
- Notice of Arbitration (PDF Document - 4.08 MB) - September 12, 2013
- Canada’s Statement of Defence (PDF Document – 839KB) – June 30, 2014
- Procedural Order No. 1 (PDF Document - 4.37 MB) – May 26, 2014
- Confidentiality Order (PDF Document - 4.23 MB) – May 26, 2014
- Date Modified: