Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
NAFTA - Chapter 11 - Investment
Cases Filed Against the Government of Canada
St. Marys VCNA, LLC v. Government of Canada
On May 13, 2011, a US corporation, St. Marys VCNA, LLC (the “Investor”), served a Notice of Intent to Submit a Claim to Arbitration against the Government of Canada under the dispute settlement provisions of NAFTA Chapter 11. The Investor’s allegations concern various measures taken by the Government of Ontario, the City of Hamilton, the Town of Milton and the Halton Region affecting the Investor’s proposal to convert agricultural lands in the Hamilton region into an aggregate quarry.
Legal Documents (all documents are in pdf)
Copies of all legal documents posted have been prepared in a language of operation of the Tribunal or Court in question. The Government of Canada has not modified or changed them in any way. As such they have not been translated from the original. They are provided in Acrobat (pdf) files. To view or download pdf files you need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ a free software that you can download from the web.
- ARCHIVED - Notice of Intent (PDF Document - 284 KB) - May 13, 2011
- ARCHIVED - Second Notice of Intent (PDF Document - 3.79 MB) - March 23, 2012
- ARCHIVED - Notice of Arbitration (PDF Document - 1.09 MB) - September 14, 2011
- ARCHIVED - Brief outline (PDF Document - 4.19 MB) - August 31, 2012
- ARCHIVED - Consent Award (PDF Document - 9.56 MB) - March 29, 2013
- ARCHIVED - Report on Inadvertent Disclosure of Priviledged Documents (PDF Document - 5.52 MB) - December 27, 2012
- ARCHIVED - Procedural Order No. 1 (PDF Document - 4.28 MB) - September 10, 2012
- ARCHIVED - Confidentiality Order (PDF Document - 335 KB) - October 24, 2012
- Date Modified: