Apply to participate in an accelerator
You are a candidate for a Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) if you are a Canadian company and you have:
- A well-developed product or service with differentiated technology
- Traction in the marketplace
- Potential to scale
- A strong and experienced management team
Applying for more than one CTA
You can apply for more than one CTA, but it doesn't increase your chances of being accepted.
Determine which sectors and locations fit your business best and target that specific CTA. Most companies only have time and resources to participate in one CTA at a time.
Some accelerator program graduates have repeated it a year or two later to meet more objectives. Other graduates have participated in a second CTA at a later date in a different location to reach broader markets.
If you apply and aren't successful we'd be happy to give you feedback so you can-apply to subsequent programs.
How are companies selected?
Participants are chosen in a competitive process. The Trade Commissioner Service and a panel of industry experts review the applications and decide whether applicants are eligible and a good fit for a location.
If you are chosen one of our CTA team members will contact you. Companies must be ready to commit the time and money needed for their executives to live full time in the target location.
Information you need to apply
- Full contact information and professional background for up to three company founders or CEOs
- Average yearly revenue
- Total funding raised to date
- Annual growth rate (%)
- Sources of funding to date (type and name of funder)
- Funding goal
- Major corporations targeted for strategic partnerships
- Full description of your product or service, including elevator pitch, solution, business model, intellectual property position (patents, patents pending) and launch plan
- Market activity, including current activity and traction, target market, international market and activity, and competitors
- References from other Canadian programs and partners such as the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), National Research Council – Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP), domestic accelerators, Trade Commissioner Services regional offices, and any other Canadian partners
- Goals at the CTA, such as partnerships, customers, soft launch of office, validating product, seed funding
- Series A or greater funding, demonstration project
- Description of why the company wants to participate in the CTA
- A list of previous Trade Commissioner Service events or programs that your company has participated in
- Other global markets of interest
- How you learned about the CTA
All information submitted on the application is treated as confidential by the trade commissioners and industry experts making the selection.
Our accelerator program location pages detail when you can submit an application.
To learn more about individual accelerators, contact your regional office of the Trade Commissioner Service. Trade commissioners can help you determine whether a CTA is right for your business, and which one is the best fit.
For general information about the CTA initiative, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Modified: