Canadian Technology Accelerator New York City
The Digital Technology Accelerator connects Canadian tech entrepreneurs to clients, strategic partners and investors.
The five-month immersive program supports high-potential, digital B2B companies as they expand their business to the New York and the U.S. market.
Why New York?
New York is a dynamic hub for digital tech entrepreneurship; a world economic leader in many sectors, home to potential business partners and VC and angel investors, among many other benefits.
The city's technology ecosystem:
- accounts for over 291,000 jobs
- produces US$124.7 billion in economic output
- has more than 7,500 technology firms
- raised more than US$4.5 billion in venture funding in 2014, second only to Silicon Valley
- produced an 18 per cent growth rate in tech sector jobs over the past 10 years
- is becoming an increasingly important sector in the city, with an increasing number of intersections with other industries
- 200 active information and communications technology investors and 113 Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the city
What we offer
CTA Digital Tech NYC is designed to help high-potential Canadian companies in a variety of digital sectors including adtech, data analytics, fintech, e-commerce, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) in the thriving NYC tech scene.
The program includes:
- tailored mentoring sessions, from private sector partners, industry leader and trade commissioners
- one month of virtual programming and four months of support in NYC
- monthly programs and workshops on a range of cross-border topics addressing the challenges that every growing tech company faces when expanding internationally
- networking opportunities and company showcase events
- membership at Grand Central Tech, a co-working facility located in the heart of Manhattan’s “Silicon Alley” where over 500 tech companies are located within a five-block radius
Is it right for you?
Who we are looking for:
Revenue-positive SMEs with a fully-built product; a senior representative able to take part in one month of virtual programming, and four months of business development in New York City.
What you need to qualify:
- Revenue-generating business ($1M in revenue and/or investment)
- A fully-built and validated product with a differentiated technology
- Strong and experienced executive team
- Specific goal(s) and clear strategy for entry to NYC
- Financial resources for time spent in-market
Apply to participate
- Fall Cohort: August-December
- Spring Cohort: February-June
The deadline for the spring cohort is January 10, 2017.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
“Veriday's CTA experience provided invaluable guidance in the form of market knowledge and introductions to numerous experts which we believe accelerated our market knowledge by years and for a fractional investment. Our ability to replicate this program independently of the CTA would have been impossible and certainly not something we could have funded on our own. The CTA provided an effective balance of education, inspiration and coaching which has reduced our market entry risk and has the very high potential of increasing our market exports which will translate to increased jobs and research and development in Canada.”
- Date Modified: