Canadian Technology Accelerator New York City
The Canadian Technology Accelerator for Digital Tech (CTA Digital Tech) in New York City (NYC) helps connect innovative Canadian companies working in digital technology to U.S. investment and market growth opportunities.
Why New York?
NYC is the fastest-growing technology hub in the United States.
The city's technology ecosystem:
- accounts for over 291,000 jobs
- produces US$124.7 billion in economic output
- has more than 7,500 technology firms
- raised more than US$4.5 billion in venture funding in 2014, second only to Silicon Valley
- produced an 18 per cent growth rate in tech sector jobs over the past 10 years
- is becoming an increasingly important sector in the city, with an increasing number of intersections with other industries
What we offer
CTA Digital Tech NYC is a five-month program (one month virtual, four months in NYC) designed to help high-potential Canadian companies in a variety of digital sectors including adtech, data analytics, fintech, e-commerce, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) gain a foothold in the thriving NYC tech scene. With a community of more than 200 active information and communications technology investors and 113 Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the city, CTA Digital Tech New York connects you to the clients and capital your company needs to grow.
The program includes:
- tailored mentoring sessions, from private sector partners, industry leader and trade commissioners
- one month of virtual programming and four months of support in NYC
- monthly programs and workshops on a range of cross-border topics addressing the challenges that every growing tech company faces when expanding internationally
- networking opportunities and company showcase events
- membership at Grind, a co-working facility located in the heart of Manhattan’s “Silicon Alley” where over 500 tech companies are located within a five-block radius
Is it right for you?
We are looking for companies that have:
- a fully-built and validated product with a differentiated technology
- revenue and/or investment of at least $1 million
- traction in the marketplace with the potential to expand
- a developed client acquisition strategy for New York
- a strong and experienced founding team
Apply to participate
- February-June 2017: Spring CTA Digital Tech program
- January-June 2017: Application period to participate in our fall 2017 program
- August-December 2017: Fall CTA Digital Tech program
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Veriday's CTA experience provided invaluable guidance in the form of market knowledge and introductions to numerous experts which we believe accelerated our market knowledge by years and for a fractional investment. Our ability to replicate this program independently of the CTA would have been impossible and certainly not something we could have funded on our own. The CTA provided an effective balance of education, inspiration and coaching which has reduced our market entry risk and has the very high potential of increasing our market exports which will translate to increased jobs and research and development in Canada.”
- Date Modified: