Led by the Minister of International Trade, trade missions are about opening doors, providing on-the-ground support, business-to business contacts, and information and tools for all Canadian exporters, especially small and medium-sized enterprises.
These missions are an important component of Canada’s Global Markets Action Plan, to position Canadian business for export success in foreign markets.
The presence of a senior federal minister and resources from Canada’s export agencies on a trade mission presents unique opportunities and benefits to participants, including:
- access to key economic and government decision-makers;
- on-the-ground support from the Trade Commissioner Service network and export agencies, including Export Development Canada and the Canadian Commercial Corporation;
- unparalleled networking opportunities with the local business community;
- business-to-business meetings with potential partners;
- foreign market intelligence and troubleshooting; and,
- an opportunity to initiate, develop and conclude export partnerships.
- Date Modified: