In-person authentication service
Global Affairs Canada
JLAC- Authentication Services Section
111 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 1J1
- Look for the signs for “JLAC- Authentication Services Section”. The office is on the 1st floor.
- No appointment is necessary
- Underground public parking is available for a fee
Hours of operation
- Monday to Thursday from 10:00 a.m. until noon, and between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m.
- The office is closed Fridays, weekends, civic and statutory holidays
If the signature on the documents cannot be verified immediately, you will be advised to return to pick up your documents.
We can process up to 15 documents while you wait. If you have more than 15 documents, you must leave them with us and we will contact you when they are ready to be picked up. This could take up to five business days, depending on how many documents you need authenticated.
- 16-30 documents will take 24 hours to process. Please note that documents dropped off at 10 am can be ready for pick up at 3pm that same day.
- 31-50 documents will take 48 business hours to process
- 51-100 documents will take 72 business hours to process
- 101+ will take up to 5 business days
We will not process your documents faster for any reason. There are no exceptions.
For additional information, please contact our general enquiries center at 613-944-4000 or 1-800-267-8376.
- Date Modified: