Intercultural effectiveness program
The Centre for Learning in Intercultural Effectiveness and International Assistance Policy supports the development of intercultural competencies to facilitate successful and sustainable international relations, and foster inclusive teams and organizations.
It focuses on supporting Global Affairs Canada programs and collaborating with individuals and groups from across government, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions and the private sector.
Consult the list of courses in the course catalogue.
Course design and development services
The centre provides expertise in domestic and international projects and programs and can help your organization develop training and learning solutions. The scope ranges from needs analysis and project start-up to project implementation and evaluation by identifying the best approach for your unique requirements.
Services offered include the development and delivery of thematic workshops, classroom courses and online learning solutions.
Clients also benefit from an extensive network of subject matter experts and country resource persons who act as learning consultants, bringing specialized knowledge to the learning process.
The centre’s instructional designers and facilitators use adult education principles to provide meaningful and relevant training:
- Short lectures emphasize the development of skills and knowledge through experiential learning
- Discussions on prior experiences help connect participants to their own personal and professional situations
- Development of online resources and courses include proven instructional design strategies
- Training solutions across Canada and around the world are available in one or both official languages; other languages are available upon request
An online information portal on over 150 countries contains advice on key intercultural issues from a Canadian and local point of view.
A number of additional online courses and tools related to intercultural learning, diversity and inclusion, and country-specific cultural exploration are available to registered participants.
Order free copies:
- A Profile of the Interculturally Effective Person
- Cross-Cultural Effectiveness - A Study of Canadian Technical Advisors Overseas
Telephone (toll free in Canada): 1-800-852-9211
Fax (toll free in Canada): 1-877-723-1604
- Date Modified: