Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Gateway To Virtual Afghanistan
- This Afghanistan cultural site is authored and monitored from Toronto, Canada. The stated mission is to "educate Afghans and non-Afghans about Afghanistan and provide services such as up to date news, new books, culture information, interactive features and more".
Gateway To Virtual Afghanistan Homepage
- Kabul Museum
- The Kabul Museum was bombed and looted from 1993-94, 90% of the museum's collections was lost. The purpose of this page, is to help others enjoy the contents of the Kabul Museum prior to its destruction.
- Visiting Arts - Cultural Profiles
- Visiting Arts purpose is to strengthen intercultural understanding through the arts. Visiting Arts provides information and intelligence in order to strengthen intercultural dialogue; and creates opportunities to experience intercultural exploration through performances, exhibitions, and by initiating and promoting collaborations. Visiting Arts also expands the skills and knowledge of existing cultural players and develops new talent to ensure a wide, diverse and sustainable group of players. It is the creator of the Cultural Profiles project.
Cultural Profile - Afghanistan
- Afghanistan Online
- Afghanistan Online is a privately owned, independent web site that provides updated news and information on Afghanistan. It is the biggest and most visited Afghan web site on the World Wide Web. Afghanistan Online is dedicated to providing the most current, and reliable information on Afghanistan.
- Women's Alliance for Peace and Human Rights in Afghanistan
- WAPHA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit and independent organization founded by ZIEBA SHORISH-SHAMLEY, Ph. D. Its main goal is to promote awareness of the tragic human rights situation in Afghanistan and to advocate for social, political, economic and civil rights of the Afghan women and girls in that country. Gross violation of basic human rights continues to occur in Afghanistan.
- Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc.
- Ethnologue Language Archive was begun in 1971 by the Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc., at the University of Oklahoma, and was continued at Cornell University. It is a catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries. For these reasons it matches perfectly with our information standards.
Languages of Afghanistan
- Date Modified: