Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- The Austrian Foreign Ministry
- The year 1720 is considered to be the origin of an independent Austrian diplomatic service, which was when Emperor Karl VI assigned the administration of foreign relations to a separate minister. After the breakup of the monarchy foreign affairs were attended to by the Federal Chancellery. It was only in 1959 that a separate Ministry for Foreign Affairs was established. Here you will find news of foreign policy and current travel and country information.
- AEIOU - Cultural Information System
- AEIOU (Annotable, Electronic, Interactive, Oesterreich, Universal System) was created by the Austrian Ministry of Education, Science and Culture. This site presents a detailed overview of Austria in the forms of texts, pictures, sounds and videos in nin Austrian Albums.
- UNESCO - The Centre for World Heritage
- World Heritage is the designation for places on earth that are of outstanding universal value to humanity and as such, have been inscribed on the World Heritage List to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. The Centre for World Heritage is part of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Austrian Museums
- Here we provide the viewer with links to the homepages of a number of Austrian museums, as well as a couple of virtual museum projects that exist on the Internet.
Historical Museum of the City of Vienna (in German)Museum of Modern Art Ludwig Foundation Vienna
- Date Modified: