Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- National Museums
- The following are links to various national museums located in Ottawa, Canada.
Canadian War Museum
- Beverly Leeck's Oh Canada!
- Beverly Leeck is an "information specialist" in Edmonton and is the author of this website. It defines and exposes Canada and Canadians, our multicultural fabric, our history, our symbols and our values.
- Virtual Museum Canada (VMC)
- The Virtual Museum of Canada celebrates the stories and treasures that have come to define Canada over the centuries. Here you will find innovative multimedia content that educates, inspires and fascinates.
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC)
- In general, INAC has primary, but not exclusive, responsibility for meeting the federal government's constitutional, treaty, political and legal responsibilities to First Nations, Inuit and Northerners. To fulfill this mandate, INAC must work collaboratively with First Nations, Inuit and Northerners, as well as with other federal departments and agencies, provinces and territories. Increasingly, INAC's role has become one of facilitating change and bringing together the partners and interests needed to implement Gathering Strength — Canada's Aboriginal Action Plan.
Indian Art Centre index pageCulture and History
- Canada Council for the Arts
- The Canada Council for the Arts, reporting to Parliament through the Minister of Canadian Heritage, is a national arm's-length agency which fosters the development of the arts in Canada through grants, services and awards to professional Canadian artists and arts organizations, as well as administering scholarly awards, and having under its aegis the Public Lending Right Commission and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO.
- Vernon R.J. Schmid and John Turning
- John Turning's site about well known people who happen to be Canadian.
Well Known People Who Happen to be Canadian
- Date Modified: