Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- German Embassy, Washington, D.C.
- The source of information on Germany offering you the latest political, economic and cultural news about this close friend and ally of the United States as well as more general information, travel tips, event listings, exchange opportunities and links to many other sources. This site is overseen by the German Embassy in Washington, D.C., and the eight German Consulates General across the country.
Culture and Life
- Facts About Germany
- The website Facts about Germany invites you to get to know Germany. It offers profound basic knowledge and guidance – especially designed for readers abroad whose interest in the course of time in Germany extends beyond the casual flood of the daily news.
Culture and Media
- Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc.
- Ethnologue Language Archive was begun in 1971 by the Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc., at the University of Oklahoma, was continued at Cornell University. It is a catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries. The Ethnologue Name Index lists over 39,000 language names, dialect names, and alternate names. The Ethnologue Language Family Index organizes languages according to language families.
Languages of Germany
- UNESCO - Centre for World Heritage
- World Heritage is the designation for places on earth that are of outstanding universal value to humanity and as such, have been inscribed on the World Heritage List to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. The Centre for World Heritage is part of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Museums Around the World
- This page includes an eclectic collection of World Wide Web services connected with museums around the world. This service is brought to you by Jonathan Bowen as part of the Oxford University Computing Laboratory archive.
The museums of Germany
- Federal Statistical Office of Germany
- The Federal Statistical Office provides information on the social, economic, and ecological situation of the Federal Republic of Germany. This official body of the German government is obligated to produce reliable data following the principles of objectivity, neutrality, and scientific independence. The principles of statistical work and the tasks of the Federal Statistical Office are laid down in the Law on Statistics for Federal Purposes.
Education, science and culture
- German Information Center - Embassy of Germany in Washington, D.C.
- This extremely well-designed website is meant to be a one-stop repository of information and resources on Germany.
German Culture index
- BRAINTRACK is a worldwide University-Index on the Internet. It contains Internet-Addresses of Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges and other higher educational institutions all over the world. BRAINTRACK is probably the largest University-Index on the Internet. It is produced and maintained by ionos. The company is located in the heart of Europe; in Zurich, Switzerland.
University listings for Germany
- Date Modified: