Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Eternal Egypt
- For the past three years, the Egyptian Center for Documentation of Cultural and Natural Heritage (CultNat) and IBM have been working to bring the awe-inspiring experience of Egypt to the world through a project known as the Eternal Egypt. The centerpiece of Eternal Egypt is this trilingual website which offers the most robust repository of information and media about Egyptian cultural history available on the web today.
- CULTNAT - Centre for Documentation of Cultural and Natural Heritage
- CULTNAT is a component of the national strategy for the cultural heritage, which includes: site preservation, site management and sustainable cultural site development. The Egyptian government has therefore decided, as part of its program for a leap into the aera of information technology and within the framework of building national databases in the newly established “Ministry of Communications and Information Technology”, to create the “National Center for Documentation of Cultural and Natural Heritage”, in collaboration with both the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Environment.
- Tour Egypt
- Tour Egypt is the website for the Association for Egyptian Travel Business on the Internet (AETBI). The site is published by the Ministry of Tourism, Egypt, and the Egyptian Tourist Authority.
The Egyptian PeopleCulture, Customs and Conduct
- National Geographic
- The fascinating embalming process of mummification. This site takes viewers on a tour through this ancient process using pictures and a light hearted essay to help people understand the concepts involved. A fun site,viewers will have to navigate through using the next button located at the base of each page to continue reading the information National Geographic has provided.
How to Make a Mummy
- Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project
- The Digital Islamic Library Project is an effort to digitise important Islamic resources and make them available to the masses through the Internet. Ultimately, the aim is to explore possibilities of bringing this digitised material together in a comprehensive Islamic Study Database.
- The Museum of the Oriental Institute - University of Chicago
- The Oriental Institute Museum is a showcase of the history, art and archaeology of the ancient Near East. An integral part of the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute, which has supported research and archaeological excavation in the Near East since 1919, the Museum exhibits major collections of antiquities from Egypt, Mesopotamia, Iran, Syria, Palestine, and Anatolia.
Highlights of the Collection by Region: Egypt
- Egyptian Universities
- Here we provide links to the websites of a number of Egyptian Universities.
Mansoura UniversityAmerican University in Cairo
- Date Modified: