Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc.
- Ethnologue Language Archive was begun in 1971 by the Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc., at the University of Oklahoma, and was continued at Cornell University. It is a catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries. For these reasons it matches perfectly with our information standards.
EthnologueLanguages of Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyz Community Based Tourism Association
- Community based tourism (CBT) is the practice of providing natural, value-packed travel services that utilize local accommodation, food, music, art, crafts and traditions. CBT is an excellent value and travel experience that supports rational and sustainable development. CBT gives travelers authentic visits inside homes, villages and heritages while delivering proceeds directly to the families that visitors stay with and buy from.
- Oriental Express CA Ltd. was established in November 2003 to manage all OrexCA.com activities and to provide high quality tourism services in the region. It has expanded rapidly over the following months and has developed a fully functioning, integrated chain of partners providing high quality tourism services in every region of Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan. The company's Head Office is based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Every Culture
- Every Culture is an online resource for countries of the world and their cultures. Topics include history, economy, political life, and religion. Scroll down this page to find cultural information.
Culture of Kyrgyzstan
- U.S. Library of Congress
- The United States Library of Congress represents America's largest repository of knowledge. It presents information from a continuing series of books prepared by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program sponsored by the Department of the Army. The information is fairly recent and gives a detailed view of an area or nation.
Cultural AnalysisReligionEducationHealth and WelfarePopulationSociety and Culture
- Kyrgyzstan Universities
- Here we present a list of Kyrgyz universities that house sites on the WWW.
International University of Kyrgyzstan (in Russian only)Kyrgyz-American faculty of computers technologies and internet - Kyrgyz Stat National University (in Russian only)School No. 61 of Bishkek Unofficial Home Page (in Russian)
- Soros Foundations - Kyrgyzstan
- The Soros Foundations are a network of foundations, programs, and institutions established and supported by philanthropist George Soros to foster the development of open societies around the world, particularly in the previously communist countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union as well as South Africa and Haiti. This is the website of the Foundation for Kyrgyzstan. It details the activities of its mainly educational program in the country.
Soros Foundations ProgramsSoros Foundations - Kyrgyzstan Home Page
- Date Modified: