Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Lao Infosite
- Lao Infosite houses common phrase translated from Lao to English, culture and religion information.
- Visit Mekong - Laos
- Visit Mekong is the official website for tourism in the Greater Mekong sub-region. Not only does this site provide travel information, it also provides historical and cultural information.
People and Culture
- Visiting Arts
- Visiting Arts purpose is to strengthen intercultural understanding through the arts. Visiting Arts provides information and intelligence in order to strengthen intercultural dialogue; and creates opportunities to experience intercultural exploration through performances, exhibitions, and by initiating and promoting collaborations. Visiting Arts also expands the skills and knowledge of existing cultural players and develops new talent to ensure a wide, diverse and sustainable group of players. It is the creator of the Cultural Profiles project.
Culture of Laos
- Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc.
- Ethnologue Language Archive was begun in 1971 by the Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc., at the University of Oklahoma, was continued at Cornell University. It is a catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries. The Ethnologue Name Index lists over 39,000 language names, dialect names, and alternate names. The Ethnologue Language Family Index organizes languages according to language families.
- This is a personal homepage entitled Originality. The author is Joe Calev a senior at Duke University majoring in political science with a particular interest in international relations. the author speaks seven languages (Spanish, Latvian, Russian, German, Italian, French and of course English) and studied abroad in Riga, Latvia and in Berlin, Germany. The content provided is truly original.
National Anthem of Laos
- UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund, was created at the very first session of the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946. The UNICEF mandate is, in essence, simple: to protect the lives of children and promote their development. The greater their vulnerability, the higher the priority.
Information Statistics, basic indicators
- National University of Laos (NUOL)
- A Decree of the Prime Minister of the Lao PDR Government established the National University of Laos (NUOL) in June 1995, by merging nine existing Higher Education Institutions and a Centre of Agriculture.
National University of Laos (NUOL)
- Date Modified: