Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- The Royal Netherlands Embassy, in Washington, D.C.
- A summary of policy for education and science. An overview of technological policy in the Netherlands. A thorough summary of the fine arts in the Netherlands, from architecture to public libraries.
Higher Education in the NetherlandsVocational Education and Training in the NetherlandsList of Netherlands Universities and CollegesRoundabout: Listing of Cultural Events in the Netherlands websiteThe Van Gogh Museum websiteMusic in the NetherlandsInformation Technology in the Netherlands from the Ministry of Economic AffairsThe Netherlands, Your Partner in Knowledge (database of Dutch R&D and high-tech companies)Science and Technology Organizations index pageScience, education, culture index page
- Ministry of Education, Culture and Science - Netherlands
- On these pages, the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science offers information about the Dutch education system and Dutch policy on education, culture and science. You will also find practical information about going to school, studying and working in the Netherlands.
- Royal Netherlands Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
- This official website of the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Canada provides general information about the Netherlands from statistics and fun facts to detailed articles on the country's government, history and society.
Holidays and Traditions
- UNESCO - Centre for World Heritage
- World Heritage is the designation for places on earth that are of outstanding universal value to humanity and as such, have been inscribed on the World Heritage List to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. The Centre for World Heritage is part of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Worldwide Classroom Library of International Programs
- The Worldwide Classroom has been compiling and sharing information about programs for over 20 years. It is their belief that the pursuit of study, vocational, and avocational interests abroad adds a unique, broadening framework to the understanding of another culture.
School Listings:K12 & Teen
- A portal for the museums of the Netherlands, which includes more than 250 sites. Museumserver provides you with a fabulous show of art, culture, history and science. Some parts of the English version are still under construction.
Dutch museum sites sorted alphabeticallyMuseum sites per cityMuseum sites sorted by museum typeAll museum sites, from excellent to average qualityTeylers MuseumTechnical Museum of the University of Delft (In Dutch)Holland Museums List (by Netherlands Board of Tourism)
- Date Modified: