Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc.
- Ethnologue Language Archive was begun in 1971 by the Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc., at the University of Oklahoma, and was continued at Cornell University. It is a catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries. For these reasons it matches perfectly with our information standards.
- Arts Council Norway
- Arts Council Norway was established in 1965 and charged with three principal tasks: to administer the Norwegian Cultural Fund, to serve as an advisor for the central government and public sector on cultural affairs and to launch experimental cultural activities in areas which the Council considers to be of particular interest.
- Norway - The Official Site in Canada
- Norway's official site is a portal for websites in 85 countries, representing more than 100 Norwegian foreign service missions abroad. The websites are in 18 different languages, and present a comprehensive collection of feature articles and background information about Norway, as well as information on bilateral relations, news and local events.
- UNESCO - Centre for World Heritage
- World Heritage is the designation for places on earth that are of outstanding universal value to humanity and as such, have been inscribed on the World Heritage List to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. The Centre for World Heritage is part of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Official Documentation and Information from Norway (ODIN)
- ODIN - Official Documentation and Information in Norway - is a joint electronic publication for information from the Government and the ministries of Norway. The ODIN was launched in August 1995, and was designed as a pilot project to run until the end of 1996. From January of this year the ODIN is established as the permanent central web-server for the Norwegian Government, the Office of the Prime Minister and the ministries.
History, Culture, Geography and Recreation
- Nasjonalgalleriet, The National Gallery of Norway
- Nasjonalgalleriet is one of Norway's two national museums for the visual arts. It was established in 1836, and has been entirely government-funded ever since.
About the GalleryGeneral InformationWinter Night in the Mountains, 1914Edvard Munch and Symbolism10 Paintings by Edvard MunchHighlight Paintings of the National Gallery
- Norwegian Museums
- Here we offer a collection of links to Museums in Norway that offer information on the WWW.
Norwegian Emigrant MuseumNorwegian Museum of Science and TechnologyMuseum Finder for NorwayBergen Museum of Art (in Norwegian)
- Norwegian Music Information Centre
- THE NORWEGIAN MUSIC INFORMATION CENTRE was established in 1978 on the initiative of The Society of Norwegian Composers and with the funds from The Norwegian Arts Council. The Centre officially opened on 13 June 1979. From 1982 the Centre has been included in the budget of the Ministry of Cultural Affairs. This site provides information on Norwegian music and music life.
Catalogues of printed musicNorwegian Music Information Centre Homepage
- Date Modified: