Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
- Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc.
- Ethnologue Language Archive was begun in 1971 by the Summer Institute of Linguistics, Inc., at the University of Oklahoma, and was continued at Cornell University. It is a catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries. For these reasons it matches perfectly with our information standards.
- Ministry of Information, Sultanate of Oman
- The Ministry of Information, Government of Oman, embarked on creating an official source of information on the Sultanate of Oman over the Internet in November 1996 and named this website www.Omanet.com which went on-line in both Arabic and English, in November 1996 to commemorate His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said's 26th National Day and changed its domain name to www.omanet.com on Feb 2004.
- UNESCO - Centre for World Heritage
- World Heritage is the designation for places on earth that are of outstanding universal value to humanity and as such, have been inscribed on the World Heritage List to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. The Centre for World Heritage is part of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Sultan Qaboos University
- The Sultan Qaboos University is the realization of the promise announced by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said during the 10th anniversary of Oman's National Day in 1980. Construction started in 1982 and the first Sultan Qaboos University students were enrolled in 1986.
Sultan Qaboos University Home Page
- UNICEF, the United Nations Children s Fund, was created at the very first session of the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946. The UNICEF mandate is, in essence, simple: to protect the lives of children and promote their development. The greater their vulnerability, the higher the priority.
- About Islam and Muslims
- The Islamic Society at the University of Northumbria in the U.K. has created this sprawling site of information on Islam and the Muslim peoples. This is an extremely informative site that explores many of the issues surrounding the religion and its followers in an intelligent, informative manner. It also provides a English version of the Qu'ran.
The Noble Qur'an (in English)About Islam and Muslims Homepage
- Al-Islam, by Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project
- This site, part of the Ahlul Bayt Digital Islamic Library Project, is maintained by a dedicated group of individuals who are trying to present a balanced and accurate picture of Islam as it has been taught and practiced by the Most Noble Messenger Muhammad (s) and his Holy Family, the Ahlul Bayt (a). All reasonable attempts have been made to check the veracity of the information contained within this site, but please be advised that the organizers can in no way guarantee the absolute authenticity of all of the data and should not be held responsible for any errors herein.
- Date Modified: