Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Ministry of Tourism of Syria
- This is the official website of the Ministry of Tourism, Syria. It provides valuable detailed information about the country and its tourism industry.
- UNESCO - The Centre for World Heritage
- World Heritage is the designation for places on earth that are of outstanding universal value to humanity and as such, have been inscribed on the World Heritage List to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. The Centre for World Heritage is part of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
Syrian Arab Republic
- Made In Syria
- The mission of this site is to create an informative repository of helpful guidelines and information about conducting business within the Syrian economy. Made in Syria can also be viewed as a directory of Syrian-owned companies worldwide. Made in Syria includes an informative section that will provide general information about Syria and its key cities. In addition you can begin to learn about the Syrian economy, industries, banks, foreign trade.
FestivalsMuseumsPoetry About Syria
- The Museum of the Oriental Institute - University of Chicago
- The Oriental Institute Museum is a showcase of the history, art and archaeology of the ancient Near East. An integral part of the University of Chicago's Oriental Institute, which has supported research and archaeological excavation in the Near East since 1919, the Museum exhibits major collections of antiquities from Egypt, Mesopotamia, Iran, Syria, Palestine, and Anatolia.
Highlights of the Collection by Region: Syria
- Date Modified: