Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Embassy of Brazil - Ottawa
- The official website for the embassy of Brazil in Ottawa Canada provides current information about the country including topics such as: History, Trade and Economy, Culture and Travel and Tourism.
Trade and Economy
- Index of Economic Freedom
- For over a decade, The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation, Washington's preeminent think tank, have tracked the march of economic freedom around the world with the influential Index of Economic Freedom. The 2007 Index of Economic Freedom has been redesigned to be accessible to the congressional staffer and the college student, the finance minister and the financial adviser.
Index of Economic Freedom 2007 - Brazil
- World Bank
- The World Bank came into existence on June 25, 1946. The World Bank's goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by promoting sustainable growth and investment in people. To achieve this objective, the bank provides loans, technical assistance and policy guidance to developing-country members. It works in more than 100 developing economies, bringing a mix of finance and ideas to improve living standards and eliminate the worst forms of poverty.
The World Bank - Profile of Brazil
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- The IMF is "a cooperative institution that 182 countries have voluntarily joined because they see the advantage of consulting with one another in this forum to maintain a stable system of buying and selling their currencies so that payments in foreign money can take place between countries smoothly and without delay." The IMF began operations in Washington, D.C. in May 1946. Membership is open to every country that conducts its own foreign policy and is willing to adhere to the IMF charter of rights and obligations.
Brazil and the IMF index pagePublic Information Notice: IMF Concludes 2001 Article IV Consultation with Brazil
- Created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University (MSU-CIBER), globalEDGE™ is a knowledge web-portal that connects international business professionals worldwide to a wealth of information, insights, and learning resources on global business activities.
Economy of Brazil
- Fundacao IBGE: The Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics
- Fundacao IBGE pages contain a lot of statistical information on the the Brazilian agriculture, national accounts, manufacturing and labor. Produced by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics, this page is mainly in table form, and has some useful information.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- The Agri-Food Trade Service (ATS) Online is Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's electronic service providing international trade and market information for Canadian agri-food exporters. It is one of the many initiatives of the Agri-Food Trade Service.
At a glance
- Date Modified: