Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Government of Canada - Economy Online
- Government of Canada Primary Internet Site (Canada Site) is the Internet electronic access point through which Internet users around the world can obtain information about Canada, its government and its services. This page is a one-stop guide to the national economy with statistics and access to a wealth of federal government information, economic concepts and events.
- Export Development Corporation
- Export Development Corporation (EDC) is a Crown corporation that operates as a commercial financial institution. EDC is a unique financial institution that has been helping Canadian businesses grow and prosper through exports and international investment since 1944. EDC's sophisticated trade finance solutions can help exporters compete in more than 200 countries, including higher-risk and emerging markets.
Export Development Corporation - Home page
- Department of Finance Canada
- This official website of the Department of Finance provides information about the Budget, economic and fiscal information, financial institutions and markets, international issues, social issues and taxes and tariffs.
- The Organization of American States (OAS)
- The Organization of American States (OAS) Trade Unit was created in 1995 to assist the 34 OAS member countries with matters related to trade and economic integration in the Western Hemisphere and, in particular, with their efforts to establish a Free Trade Area of the Americas, or FTAA. Here the OAS provides full-text versions of important trade agreements between member countries.
Text of the Agreement (NAFTA)Canada - Chile: Free Trade Agreement
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- The OECD groups 30 member countries sharing a commitment to democratic government and the market economy. With active relationships with some 70 other countries and economies, NGOs and civil society, it has a global reach. Best known for its publications and its statistics, its work covers economic and social issues from macroeconomics, to trade, education, development and science and innovation.
- Strategis - Industry Canada
- Strategis is produced by Industry Canada, a department of the Federal government. The department's mission is to work with Canadians to build a growing competitive, knowledge-based economy. Industry Canada hopes to improve conditions for investment, enhance Canada's innovation performance, help make Canada the most connected nation in the world, increase Canada's share of global trade, and build a fair, efficient and competitive marketplace.
Current Economic Conditions
- Index of Economic Freedom
- For over a decade, The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation, Washington's preeminent think tank, have tracked the march of economic freedom around the world with the influential Index of Economic Freedom. The 2007 Index of Economic Freedom has been redesigned to be accessible to the congressional staffer and the college student, the finance minister and the financial adviser.
Index of Economic Freedom 2007 - Canada
- U.S. State Department
- Country Commercial Guides (CCG's) are prepared annually by U.S. embassies with the assistance of several U.S. government agencies. These reports present a comprehensive look at countries' commercial environments, using economic, political and market analysis. The CCG's were established by recommendation of the Trade Promotion Coordinating Committee (TPCC), a multi-agency task force, to consolidate various reporting documents prepared for the U.S. business community.
Background Note: Canada
- United States Energy Information Administration (USEIA)
- The Energy Information Administration (EIA) is a statistical agency in the U.S. Department of Energy created by Congress in 1977. EIA s mission is to develop energy data and analyses that help enhance the understanding of energy issues on the part of business, government, and the general public.
Energy Resources Report
- Date Modified: