Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- The WTO is the only international body dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, the legal ground-rules for international commerce and for trade policy. The agreements have three main objectives: to help trade flow as freely as possible, to achieve further liberalization gradually through negotiation, and to set up an impartial means of settling disputes.
World Trade Organization Homepage
- The World Bank
- The World Bank came into existence on June 25, 1946. The World Bank's goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by promoting sustainable growth and investment in people. To achieve this objective, the bank provides loans, technical assistance and policy guidance to developing-country members. It works in more than 100 developing economies, bringing a mix of finance and ideas to improve living standards and eliminate the worst forms of poverty.
The World Bank Homepage
- Cook Islands Government Online
- This official website of the Cook Islands Government contains wide-ranging information about the government as well as the latest-breaking government news. It also provides a general country profile. At the bottom of this page you will find the economic information.
- Development Investment Board - Cook Islands
- The Development Investment Board (“DIB”) was set up in 1996 as the 'one-stop-shop' for Investment Facilitation and Approvals for all foreign companies starting up in the Cook Islands. At the time the main emphasis placed on the DIB was to stimulate and encourage economic growth at a time when the economy was restructuring to adjust to the economic downturn.
- The Tuatua-tika site is designed, constructed and maintained by Jarvy Web Enterprises. Tuatua-tika presents information on business opportunities and statistics in the Cook Islands.
Offshore IndustryA Brief Guide to Investment and Residence in the Cook Islands
- Date Modified: