Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Israel
- The Foreign Ministry formulates, implements and presents the foreign policy of the Government of Israel. It represents the state vis-a-vis foreign governments and international organizations, explains its positions and problems throughout the world, endeavors to promote its economic, cultural, and scientific relations, and fosters cooperation with developing countries. Israel currently maintains diplomatic relations with 162 countries. This is an extremely large, well-presented and wide-ranging database.
Economy in BriefEconomyEconomy
- Bank of Israel
- This is the official website of the Bank of Israel. Under the provisions of the Bank of Israel Law, The Banking Law, and the Currency Control Law, the Bank of Israel has a range of responsibilities including: regulating and directing monetary policy, economic advice to the government, foreign currency market and managing the foreign exchange reserves, monitoring and analyzing foreign exchange activity, banking supervision, promoting financial stability, currency issue, banker of the government and of the banks and representing Israel in international institutions.
About the BankForeign Exchange RatesBank of Israel HomepagePress ReleasesWho's Who at the BankRecent Economic DevelopmentsPublications and DataIsrael Notes and CoinsMonetary Department Auctions
- Index of Economic Freedom
- For over a decade, The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation, Washington's preeminent think tank, have tracked the march of economic freedom around the world with the influential Index of Economic Freedom. The 2007 Index of Economic Freedom has been redesigned to be accessible to the congressional staffer and the college student, the finance minister and the financial adviser.
Index of Economic Freedom 2007 - Israel
- World Bank
- The World Bank came into existence on June 25, 1946. The World Bank's goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by promoting sustainable growth and investment in people. To achieve this objective, the bank provides loans, technical assistance and policy guidance to developing-country members. It works in more than 100 developing economies, bringing a mix of finance and ideas to improve living standards and eliminate the worst forms of poverty.
The World Bank - Profile of Israel
- Created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University (MSU-CIBER), globalEDGE™ is a knowledge web-portal that connects international business professionals worldwide to a wealth of information, insights, and learning resources on global business activities.
Economy of Israel
- United Nations Sustainable Development
- This Sustainable Development Web site has been developed in response to decisions made by the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development at its third and fourth sessions. At its third session in April 1995, the Commission "noted the importance of developing, among the organizations of the United Nations system, a common or compatible system of access to their respective data bases, in order to share data fully, to streamline the collection and interpretation of data and to identify data gaps, for the purpose of providing more comprehensive and integrated data to decision-makers at national, regional and international levels." To address this issue, the Commission invited the Interagency Committee on Sustainable Development (IACSD) to refine measures for establishing such a common or compatible system and to report thereon to the Commission at its fourth session." Only official information of the United Nations system and Governments will be included on this Web Site.
Economic Aspects Of Sustainable Development In Israel
- Date Modified: