Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- U.S. Library of Congress
- The United States Library of Congress represents America's largest repository of knowledge. It presents information from a continuing series of books prepared by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program sponsored by the Department of the Army. The information is fairly recent and gives a detailed view of an area or nation.
Economic AnalysisTransportation and Telecommunications
- Index of Economic Freedom
- For over a decade, The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation, Washington's preeminent think tank, have tracked the march of economic freedom around the world with the influential Index of Economic Freedom. The 2007 Index of Economic Freedom has been redesigned to be accessible to the congressional staffer and the college student, the finance minister and the financial adviser.
Index of Economic Freedom 2007 - the Kyrgyz Republic
- World Bank
- The World Bank came into existence on June 25, 1946. The World Bank's goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by promoting sustainable growth and investment in people. To achieve this objective, the bank provides loans, technical assistance and policy guidance to developing-country members. It works in more than 100 developing economies, bringing a mix of finance and ideas to improve living standards and eliminate the worst forms of poverty.
The World Bank - Profile of Kyrgyz RepublicCountry at-a-Glance (requires Acrobat Reader to download)
- Created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University (MSU-CIBER), globalEDGE™ is a knowledge web-portal that connects international business professionals worldwide to a wealth of information, insights, and learning resources on global business activities.
Economy of Kyrgyzstan
- United States Energy Information Administration (USEIA)
- The Energy Information Administration (EIA) is a statistical agency in the U.S. Department of Energy created by Congress in 1977. EIA's mission is to develop energy data and analyses that help enhance the understanding of energy issues on the part of business, government, and the general public.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- The IMF is "a cooperative institution that 182 countries have voluntarily joined because they see the advantage of consulting with one another in this forum to maintain a stable system of buying and selling their currencies so that payments in foreign money can take place between countries smoothly and without delay." The IMF began operations in Washington, D.C. in May 1946. Membership is open to every country that conducts its own foreign policy and is willing to adhere to the IMF charter of rights and obligations.
Kyrgyz Republic and the IMFLetter of Intent, February 10, 1999Policy Framework Paper 1998–2000
- Date Modified: