Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- The WTO is the only international body dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, the legal ground-rules for international commerce and for trade policy. The agreements have three main objectives: to help trade flow as freely as possible, to achieve further liberalization gradually through negotiation, and to set up an impartial means of settling disputes.
Moldova concludes negotiations for accession to the WTOWorld Trade Organization Homepage
- Government of the Republic of Moldova
- The official website of the Government of Moldova provides detailed information about the Cabinet, Ministries, Central Administration. the Prime Minister and programmes and strategies.
- U.S. State Department - Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs
- This site is managed by the Office of Electronic Information, Bureau of Public Affairs and is a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
Economy of Moldova
- World Bank
- The World Bank came into existence on June 25, 1946. The World Bank's goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by promoting sustainable growth and investment in people. To achieve this objective, the bank provides loans, technical assistance and policy guidance to developing-country members. It works in more than 100 developing economies, bringing a mix of finance and ideas to improve living standards and eliminate the worst forms of poverty.
The World Bank - Profile of Moldova
- Index of Economic Freedom
- For over a decade, The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation, Washington's preeminent think tank, have tracked the march of economic freedom around the world with the influential Index of Economic Freedom. The 2007 Index of Economic Freedom has been redesigned to be accessible to the congressional staffer and the college student, the finance minister and the financial adviser.
- The Moldova.org is a non-political, non-governmental and non-commercial country portal that is ‘one stop, find it all' place for its visitors who are seeking information on the Republic of Moldova.
- CAMIB is the Marketing Information Bureau set up by TACIS "Improved Marketing of Agricultural Products Project" to support domestic agricultural and food operators in the Republic of Moldova. In this CAMIB web-site, it can be found information relating to: CAMIB market services, including its monthly newsletter and weekly retail and wholesale price information; CAMIB market publications and food market investigations; Moldovan food enterprises and business opportunities to be developed with them.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- The IMF is "a cooperative institution that 182 countries have voluntarily joined because they see the advantage of consulting with one another in this forum to maintain a stable system of buying and selling their currencies so that payments in foreign money can take place between countries smoothly and without delay." The IMF began operations in Washington, D.C. in May 1946. Membership is open to every country that conducts its own foreign policy and is willing to adhere to the IMF charter of rights and obligations.
Republic of Moldova and the IMFLetter of Intent, July 29, 1999Home page
- Date Modified: