Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- National Economic Action Council
- The NEAC was established on 7 January 1998 as a consultative body to deal with the immediate issues to tackle the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997. It has been instrumental in turning the economy around through pre-emptive strategies to counter the adverse impact.
- Department of Statistics Malaysia
- In performing its functions on the collection, interpretation and dissemination of statistics, the Department of Statistics, Malaysia faces many challenges in contributing towards the formation of a knowledge society through information dissemination.
- World Bank
- The World Bank came into existence on June 25, 1946. The World Bank's goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by promoting sustainable growth and investment in people. To achieve this objective, the bank provides loans, technical assistance and policy guidance to developing-country members. It works in more than 100 developing economies, bringing a mix of finance and ideas to improve living standards and eliminate the worst forms of poverty.
The World Bank - Profile of Malaysia
- National Bank of Malaysia
- Bank Negara Malaysia is the central bank for Malaysia. It was established on 26 January 1959, under the Central Bank of Malaya Ordinance, 1958. The objectives of the Bank are to promote monetary stability and a sound financial structure, to act as a banker and financial advisor to the Government and to issue currency.
- Index of Economic Freedom
- For over a decade, The Wall Street Journal and The Heritage Foundation, Washington's preeminent think tank, have tracked the march of economic freedom around the world with the influential Index of Economic Freedom. The 2007 Index of Economic Freedom has been redesigned to be accessible to the congressional staffer and the college student, the finance minister and the financial adviser.
- United States Energy Information Administration (USEIA)
- The Energy Information Administration (EIA) is a statistical agency in the U.S. Department of Energy created by Congress in 1977. EIA's mission is to develop energy data and analyses that help enhance the understanding of energy issues on the part of business, government, and the general public.
Energy Information for Malaysia
- Kuala Lampur Stock Exchange
- The Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange is a self-regulatory organisation which governs the conduct of its members and member companies in securities dealings; enforces the listing requirements which spell out the listing and disclosure standards to be maintained by public listed companies; and which is also responsible for surveillance of the market place.
- Date Modified: