Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- The WTO is the only international body dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, the legal ground-rules for international commerce and for trade policy. The agreements have three main objectives: to help trade flow as freely as possible, to achieve further liberalization gradually through negotiation, and to set up an impartial means of settling disputes.
- Ministry of Finance - Norway
- The Ministry of Finance is responsible for planning and implementing the Norwegian economic policy and for coordinating the work with the Fiscal Budget.
- Statistics Norway
- Through the collection, processing and dissemination of statistics and analyses, Statistics Norway shall contribute to improve the public debate, ensure that economic and social policy management are based on facts and improve the functioning of the market system.
- Official Documentation and Information from Norway (ODIN)
- ODIN - Official Documentation and Information in Norway - is a joint electronic publication for information from the Government and the ministries of Norway. The ODIN was launched in August 1995, and was designed as a pilot project to run until the end of 1996. From January of this year the ODIN is established as the permanent central web-server for the Norwegian Government, the Office of the Prime Minister and the ministries.
Economy, industry and labour conditions
- Norges Bank
- Norges Bank is the central bank of Norway. Norges Bank is an executive and advisory body for monetary, credit and foreign exchange policy. It also issues banknotes and coin, promote an efficient payment system domestically as well as vis-à-vis other countries, and monitor developments in the money, credit and foreign exchange markets.
Central Bank Homepage
- World Bank
- The World Bank came into existence on June 25, 1946. The World Bank's goal is to reduce poverty and improve living standards by promoting sustainable growth and investment in people. To achieve this objective, the bank provides loans, technical assistance and policy guidance to developing-country members. It works in more than 100 developing economies, bringing a mix of finance and ideas to improve living standards and eliminate the worst forms of poverty.
The World Bank - Profile of Norway
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- The OECD groups 30 member countries sharing a commitment to democratic government and the market economy. With active relationships with some 70 other countries and economies, NGOs and civil society, it has a global reach. Best known for its publications and its statistics, its work covers economic and social issues from macroeconomics, to trade, education, development and science and innovation.
- Welcome to Worldbiz.com! Your source of information on international business practices, international business protocol, international etiquette, cross-cultural communication, negotiating tactics and country-specific data.
Doing Business in Norway
- Date Modified: