Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- CIA World Factbook
- An annual compilation, the CIA World Factbook is a highly reliable source of information on many of the world's countries.
Yemen - Economy
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- The IMF is "a cooperative institution that 182 countries have voluntarily joined because they see the advantage of consulting with one another in this forum to maintain a stable system of buying and selling their currencies so that payments in foreign money can take place between countries smoothly and without delay." The IMF began operations in Washington D.C. in May 1946. Membership is open to every country that conducts its own foreign policy and is willing to adhere to the IMF charter of rights and obligations.
The Republic of Yemen and the IMF
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
- In brief, DFAIT directs all the diplomatic and consular relations of Canada, coordinates the economic relations of the country, assures the management of the exterior service and encourages the development of the international right and its application in the external relations of Canada.
Yemen - Home Page
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- UNDP cooperation with Yemen started in the 60's. The contribution of the organization has been particularly important in agricultural development, water management, telecommunications and transport, with particular focus on training and building the capacity of the national institutions for planning the country's development.
- Date Modified: