Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- The Austrian Foreign Ministry
- The year 1720 is considered to be the origin of an independent Austrian diplomatic service, which was when Emperor Karl VI assigned the administration of foreign relations to a separate minister. After the breakup of the monarchy foreign affairs were attended to by the Federal Chancellery. It was only in 1959 that a separate Ministry for Foreign Affairs was established. Here you will find news of foreign policy and current travel and country information.
- The University of Texas at Austin Library
- The University of Texas at Austin Library is the third largest public supported academic library in the United States. The mission of the University is to enrich the intellectual life people by fostering information discovery, enabling teaching and research, nurturing creativity, partnering in the development and dissemination of new knowledge, and contributing to the intellectual growth and fulfillment of the individual.
Maps of Austria
- Atlapedia Online
- Atlapedia Online is owned and operated by Latimer Clarke Corporation Pty Ltd. Atlapedia provides viewers with country and regional maps of the world.
Physical MapPolitical MapCountry Profile
- UNESCO - World Heritage List
- The main objective of UNESCO is to contribute to peace and security in the world by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science, culture and communication in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion, by the Charter of the United Nations. It is also responsible for the conservation and preservation of sites chosen for the list of World Heritage Sites by the World Heritage Committee.
Historic Centre of the City of SalzburgPalace and Gardens of SchönbrunnHallstatt-Dachstein Salzkammergut Cultural LandscapeSemmering Railway
- Date Modified: