Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Israel
- The Foreign Ministry formulates, implements and presents the foreign policy of the Government of Israel. It represents the state vis-a-vis foreign governments and international organizations, explains its positions and problems throughout the world, endeavors to promote its economic, cultural, and scientific relations, and fosters cooperation with developing countries. Israel currently maintains diplomatic relations with 162 countries. This is an extremely large, well-presented and wide-ranging database.
- The University of Texas at Austin Library
- The University of Texas at Austin Library is the third largest public supported academic library in the United States. The mission of the University is to enrich the intellectual life people by fostering information discovery, enabling teaching and research, nurturing creativity, partnering in the development and dissemination of new knowledge, and contributing to the intellectual growth and fulfillment of the individual.
Maps of Israel
- Atlapedia Online
- Atlapedia Online is owned and operated by Latimer Clarke Corporation Pty Ltd. Atlapedia maintains an impressive database of maps that provide both political and geographical views of the world.
Physical MapPolitical Map
- Israel Wonders
- This is the official website of the Ministry of Tourism of Israel. This site provides a vast amount of valuable information about the country including: Arts, Geography, Languages, Leisure and Recreation and the State of Israel.
- United Nations - Sustainable Development Web site
- This Sustainable Development Web site has been developed in response to decisions made by the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development at its third and fourth sessions. At its third session in April 1995, the Commission "noted the importance of developing, among the organizations of the United Nations system, a common or compatible system of access to their respective data bases, in order to share data fully, to streamline the collection and interpretation of data and to identify data gaps, for the purpose of providing more comprehensive and integrated data to decision-makers at national, regional and international levels." To address this issue, the Commission invited the Interagency Committee on Sustainable Development (IACSD) to refine measures for establishing such a common or compatible system and to report thereon to the Commission at its fourth session." Only official information of the United Nations system and Governments will be included on this Web Site.
Natural Resource Aspects Of Sustainable Development In Israel
- Trade and Environment Database - TED
- The Trade and Environment Database was created in 1990 by Dr. James Lee of the School of International Service at the American University in Washington D.C. Major funding is provided by the US Environmental Protection Agency, the Korea Foundation, the US Agency for International Development, the American University, the Wilderness Society and the National Wildlife Foundation, among others. The TED database houses the Trade and Environment Database case studies relating to trade and environment issues, and the Inventory of Conflict and Environment which looks at issues of conflict and environment. Both provide in-depth and unique analyses of cases involving specific countries, in a most interesting way.
Israeli Water Use and Exports
- Date Modified: